Top Interview Tips
- Before the interview, familiarise yourself with the company (for example, visit the company website) and make sure you know what is in your tailored-for-the-job CV!
- Prepare answers to potential questions—for example, questions about common dilemmas faced by employees in the workplace—for a formal interview or even for an informal chat
- Wear your smartest, but also comfortable, outfit
- Bring a copy of your CV and remember the name of your interviewer or interviewers
- Arrive at least ten minutes before the interview is due to start
- When you meet your interviewer, greet them with a firm handshake and look them in the eye and smile
- Watch your body language, like hand gestures and eye contact—keep it all positive
- Listen to yourself (if you start speaking louder or your voice gets higher, just stop and breathe before continuing)
Lastly, discuss any questions or concerns you have about the interview with your ZingMi recruitment consultant in your post-interview debriefing conversation.