- Tailor the cover letter to show you are the right person for the specific job advertised
- List your skills and experience, with examples of why you are the right person for the advertised role
- Address the letter to an individual, rather than using a generic introduction, like ‘Dear Sir or Madam’
- Include the job title, the job reference number and your name
- Keep the length of the letter to one page, and keep it clear and focused
- Show how you can add to the role in a way that another person cannot
Nulla quis lorem ut libero malesuada feugiat. Donec sollicitudin molestie malesuada. Mauris blandit aliquet elit, eget tincidunt nibh pulvinar a.
- Before the interview, familiarise yourself with the company (for example, visit the company website) and make sure you know what is in your tailored-for-the-job CV!
- Prepare answers to potential questions—for example, questions about common dilemmas faced by employees in the workplace—for a formal interview or even for an informal chat
- Wear your smartest, but also comfortable, outfit
- Bring a copy of your CV and remember the name of your interviewer or interviewers
- Arrive at least ten minutes before the interview is due to start
- When you meet your interviewer, greet them with a firm handshake and look them in the eye and smile
- Watch your body language, like hand gestures and eye contact—keep it all positive
- Listen to yourself (if you start speaking louder or your voice gets higher, just stop and breathe before continuing)
Lastly, discuss any questions or concerns you have about the interview with your ZingMi recruitment consultant in your post-interview debriefing conversation.
Some questions you can to ask yourself:
- What are my long-term career objectives?
- What will I want to get out of my job in the next five years and beyond?
- Do I need to further my studies? If so, for what reason?
- What are my individual priorities?
Act on your career plan, but be aware of changing market conditions. If you would like to discuss tips for an interview, career planning advice, interview techniques, or require more information about what we can do for you, please contact us at email@example.com.